Lewis Memorial Acres was a generous gift donated by Irene Lewis in 1984. Her desire was to provide the community with a beautiful prairie setting that covers over 40 acres of land. The land is used by many for photography such as weddings, engagement photos, and senior pictures. The land also includes scenic trails for Mountain Biking, Nature Walks, Running, as well as a pavilion for picnics or events. We also have Trail Access to the 5.5 mile segment of the Sangamon Valley Trail which runs between Centennial Park and Stuart Park.
We are very proud to announce brand new playground equipment will be installed soon at the Park for your enjoyment!
Lewis Memorial Acres
Ph: 217- 787-0973 (M-F 9-4)
399 S. Koke Mill Rd. Springfield Illinois 62711
Conveniently located between Old Jacksonville Rd. and Washington Street in Springfield, with free parking available.
Lewis Memorial Acres Policies
Accident Insurance Policy
Lewis Memorial Acres does not carry medical or accident insurance for program participants. Participants should review their personal insurance policy before registering to be certain of adequate coverage. A Waiver and Release form must be signed when registering.
All participants are expected to follow the rules of the facilities. No alcohol or smoking permitted anywhere on Lewis Memorial Acres grounds. Disregard or abuse of the rules may result in prosecution and liability for damages.
Unmanned Air Craft Policy
Drones are not allowed to be flown anywhere on the property due to a no fly zone.
Lewis Memorial Acres closes at dusk unless otherwise permitted.
LMA FACILITY/TRAILS USAGE POLICY
In being allowed to use Lewis Memorial Acres (LMA), the following should be adhered to unless previous written approval is provided by an LMA Board Member:
- No trees, grasses, vegetation should be uprooted, cut, altered or removed in anyway shape or form.
- No permanent or semi-permanent markings, i.e. spray paint, should be used on trees or vegetation. Paint may be used conservatively as ground markings.
- All debris including but not limited to signs, decorations, ribbons, garbage, should be removed and disposed of.
- No structures of natural or man-made materials should be built.
- Vehicles should only be parked in the available gravel lot.
- Reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance via contact to LMA Board or Board Member.
- Bonfires are allowed but only within the provided fire ring near the pavilion. The fire ring should not be moved. Unless previous arrangements have been made with LMA, the wood for a bonfire shall be provided by the person/organization utilizing LMA.
- LMA is in a no-flight zone. Drones or similar flying objects are not allowed.
Failure to abide by these directives may limit or eliminate future use.
Effective Date: 11/14/2016
Revised Date: 11/14/2016